Implement self-defence training for school students, an important step in safeguarding the children. CTS – Self Defence is not a conventional Martial Arts training like Judo, Karate and Tae Kwon Do. It is a holistic approach based completely on self-protection, realistic self defence, with an emphasis on detecting and defusing potentially dangerous situations.
By teaching students to defend themselves properly, we can help to empower them and prepare them for the realities.
We have various courses and workshop for the students from classes I to X std:
- 1-Day Self Defence Workshop for 3hrs
- 1-Week Self Defence Course ( As recommended by CBSE Board)
- Ongoing Course During School Activity period
- After School Course
It is unthinkable, but statistics tell us that every year thousands of children become victims of crime – whether it’s kidnapping, violent attacks, or sexual abuse.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THESE STATISTICS?
We need to address these issues through a number of channels.
Why CTS Self-Defence Training for School Students?
The CTS – Self-Defence for School Students training curriculum is designed to teach the skills necessary to help children protect themselves. Children receive realistic hands-on instruction about how to face threats/violence either indoors/outdoors.
Many children are confronted with intimidation, negative peer pressure and many other difficult situations. They can also become intimidated when dealing with adults who intend to compromise their safety. Children frequently lack the skills and confidence to handle these situations.
CTS – Self-Defence gives children, through repetitive role play, the opportunity to practice safety concepts in a safe and supportive environment. We use age-appropriate scenarios, with instructors portraying the “stranger” to create a realistic training environment. CTS uses a team of male and female instructors, during the training sessions.
Through CTS – Self-Defence training, children become empowered learning to replace fear, confusion, and panic in dangerous situations with confidence, personal safety skills and self-esteem. Through this hands-on educational training, children learn to use their voice, body language and physical strikes to set boundaries and keep themselves safe. Children develop confidence in their ability to act on their own behalf. The child feels confident and becomes courageous.
During the training course students will learn how to:
- Expand their awareness to avoid danger
- Set boundaries in situations that make them uncomfortable or that are potentially dangerous
- Stay safe with strangers and people that they know
- Utilize learned safety concepts when alone
- Recognize common lures used by predators
- Advanced child special striking
- Confidence scenarios
- Trust their instincts
- Keep a safe distance from strangers
- Apply their skill against bad guys (scenarios)
- How to get the attention of a safe adult
- How to take help from stranger
- Strike and flee when necessary
- Exercises to prevent abduction using improvised tools
And many more ….